Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#543 closed defect (fixed)

(declare (lambda-lift)) infinite loop.

Reported by: Alan Post Owned by: felix winkelmann
Priority: critical Milestone: 4.9.0
Component: compiler Version: 4.6.x
Keywords: Cc:
Estimated difficulty:

Description

I have done some refactoring to my package genturfa'i. After completing my refactoring, the lambda-lift option now never terminates while compiling genturfa'i.

To recreate this problem:

svn co -r23157 https://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/release/4/genturfahi/trunk
cd trunk
chicken-install

The problem is occurring in the function compute-extra-variables in optimizer.scm. I narrowed this down using the verbose option to the compiler invoked by chicken-install, but attempts on my part to provide a simpler test case have failed.

Turning off (declare (lambda-lift)) causes genturfa'i to compile normally. I would expect to be able to compile my module with lambda lifting, rather than having in never terminate.

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by felix winkelmann

Owner: set to felix winkelmann
Priority: majorcritical
Status: newassigned

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by felix winkelmann

Ok, this is the last time this optimization has caused any trouble. I will remove it. Really, now.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by felix winkelmann

I noted that the tests fail with errors of this type:

Warning: error in group outside of tests

Error: (length) bad argument type - not a proper list: a-5067

Is this a known problem, or specific to the experimental chicken version?

comment:4 in reply to:  3 Changed 10 years ago by Alan Post

Replying to felix:

I noted that the tests fail with errors of this type:

Warning: error in group outside of tests

Error: (length) bad argument type - not a proper list: a-5067

Is this a known problem, or specific to the experimental chicken version?

I've just pulled and rebuilt the latest experimental branch, and made sure I had a clean checkout of genturfa'i. I don't see this problem, I'm sorry to report.

I can't say what is going on as a result. I did not recompile any of my dependent eggs with the latest version of the code, perhaps that is where this problem is manifesting.

I checked the salmonella report for the master branch, and genturfa'i compiled fine last night. The experimental branch hasn't been running for 10 days, so I couldn't check that.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by felix winkelmann

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

I must have made a mistake. Well, I'll close this ticket then.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by felix winkelmann

Milestone: 4.7.04.8.0

Milestone 4.7.0 deleted

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by felix winkelmann

Milestone: 4.8.04.9.0

Milestone 4.8.0 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.